Building Information Modeling being the collaborative tool connects different disciplines of a construction project to bring about the construction as planned for the client. BIM process components are related to four main sectors: people, process, technology, and policy. The process involves methods, standards and procedures; technology refers to simulation, BIM modeling and interoperability; policy is about development and integration of local standards & directives, conventions and legal aspects; people bring about collaboration, leadership, development of required skill and owner’s involvement in the project.
In Architectural BIM services the BIM process would provide tools and techniques which will provide better access to project information and construction control considering the owner’s perspective. Other than this, two most important things that a contractor benefits from utilizing BIM is spatial coordination reducing rework and errors and digital construction model which is enhancing the speed and quality, which ultimately empowers the client to control the time and budget of their project.
Based on the international surveys conducted it is realized that a total of $15.8 million annually is accounted due to ineffective teams and mismanagement of projects data, of which 2/3 of this amount is directly reimbursed from the owner. Apart from this, it is also found that 60% or more of the capital that is invested in construction does not meet the scheduled repayment dates and 30% of the construction is accounted for resuming work. So, it becomes all the more important to implement those tools which benefit the owner rationally and BIM Services has proven to be that tool.
Through traditional CAD systems, the owner usually was involved in providing communication among different parties, resolving differences among teams and bringing about faster project delivery as per stipulated time and money, which means that the owner or the client was lacking information and control on his project. But with the usage of BIM engineering services which is a standardized and collaborative approach these changes. BIM being focused on project objectives changes the role of the owner and involvement in the overall process. Through BIM the owner is now informed about the entire progress across varied stages, along with being empowered to ask and receive any information and take decisions about the project throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Considering the early stages, the owner gets the ability to define project requirements, match scenarios and thereby make accurate time and cost estimations. Along with this, they have access to detailed information which leads to a better understanding of the design intent and thus have increased ability to evaluate the strategy to be used. At the construction phase, there is automation involved, reduction of errors due to better collaboration and updated plans across different disciplines and stages due to digital models. While in the operation phase the client is provided with the updated as-built project record and files, which helps in facility management. This makes them capable of predicting the different operations of the systems and estimate the operating costs. Not just this, they also get access to the updated database of the entire project which can be evaluated and planned for any of the future changes and needs.
Some of the advantages Architectural BIM Services favoring the client are:
- Enhanced Coordination and better control: Construction projects usually involve heavy investments with respect to money as well as time and so the client cannot afford to be a passive player of the project. Client or the building owner would want to have complete control of every dealing be it that of material quantity or choice, costings, timeline, schedules, deadlines and much more. For this BIM modeling services is the right solution for them as it reduces the need for constant approval and feedback and takes them in the loop directly being aware and present in the entire process and thus increases their coordination and control, thereby providing efficiency in terms of costs and quality.
- Spatial Awareness: Just like the aesthetics of a space, spatial requirements and adjustments are important in a site too. With the usage of perspective views, the client can easily and quickly give an in-depth understanding of the space being designed using BIM or scan to BIM workflow for renovation projects. The creation, designing or modifications can be done with simply a few clicks.
- Intelligent and Interactive Tool: BIM is a dynamic, interactive, and responsive program and is far more superior than that 3D CAD drawing software. BIM systems are intelligent enough to identify the modifications made and update them across various sets of drawing at the same time which overcomes redundancies thereby saving reworks, resources, time, and cost of the project.
- Quicker Process: With BIM the architects become capable enough to deliver huge projects much quicker and so reduces the overall timescales of the project. Say for example, in 2D when one draws a line in the plan, it is a line drawn in plan only, but with BIM, a line in the plan also draws a 3D element like a wall that automatically develops the part of the elevation, part of the section and a basis for the entire construction details. Such a mechanism will save a lot of resources and cost, enabling it to fit into the client’s deadline along with providing more time to better design.
- Creates Credibility: When there is a great amount of collaboration, communication, and transparency in the project it directly builds and increases the credibility of the involved team members and for the owner of the project. When there is enhanced efficiency, productivity, and quality for a project the chances of impressing the client and gaining trust increases and thus can cater more projects by using BIM tools.
With Scan to BIM services for renovation or new construction projects the architects, engineers, contractors etc. can complete the project on-time within the set budget and thus enhance and maintain long term client relationships. For clients to have a team of professionals that is skilled and experienced in their core field generates accurate and exact construction documents, material and cost estimations and the desired end product along with sorting out issues and challenges much before the on-site construction begins.