English being a language and a theoretical based subject is often left at last to be prepared. Students of class 10th are usually busy studying and preparing for other subjects like mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography, civics or history. Hardly any preference is given towards languages. Most of the time the mentality of students does not even make them take English as an easy and serious scoring subject. Due to this, many students find language papers lengthy and hard to complete during the exam.
The reality is far from different. Students give this subject the last preference because they think that they can form and create their own answers on the spot at the time of the examination. However, due to all the stress and anxiety, the possible framing of answers takes up a huge amount of time. This gives rise to the very topic about time management skills during your class 10 English exams.
CBSE class 10th board assessments are very simple with the exclusive CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips for English. Students should incorporate the given CBSE English Preparation Tips and follow them sincerely to accomplish the high scores:
- Know What To Expect:
You must be aware of your exam portion and paper pattern. According to that you must create and plan your study timetable. The pattern helps to know about the mark allocation and the significance of the examination. The CBSE level 10 syllabus provides important topics and chapters that students must complete first. It is one of the most vital tips for CBSE class 10 English preparation tips. The latest paper pattern consists of- Section A (Reading), Section B (Writing and Grammar) and Section C (Literature). As you can see the entire paper is divided into three parts and the total mark of the paper is 80. Out of these, 20 marks can be easily scored by the students through internal assessment.
Here are the section wise preparation tips for the Class 10 English exam:
- Prepare each lesson carefully.
- Memorize the names of the chapters and their authors along with correct spellings.
- Learn the central theme, message and idea of every lesson.
- Write answers on the basis of your comprehension.
- Identify the lines and words from which lesson.
- The ‘format’ is an important role in scoring marks for this section.
- Plan, organize and present ideas with grammatical accuracy, correct words and spelling, consistency and relevance.
- Form stories in a carefully given outline, don’t rush it.
- Have a clear understanding of how to write letters, what to write in the first, second and third paragraphs.
- Understand the details of each grammar topic with its rules and exceptions.
- Solve the grammar passages by reading them do not answer them blindly.
- Carefully read words and phrases twice so that you are able to write grammatically accurate sentences.
- Develop reading and comprehension skills.
- Read the passage carefully and comprehend the main passage’s theme
- Identify the main points of the passage.
- Try to answer the questions in your own words.
- Improvise your vocabulary skills so as to understand the questions with word meaning. If you are not sure about the meaning of any word then relate it with the context it is used in the given passage or theme.
- Plan Your Responses:
Planning one’s responses is possible when you are thoroughly prepared and studied your course. It is important to follow the right books for your CBSE examinations. NCERT books are the most important ones to complete first for any CBSE board exams. Students can then solve NCERT Solutions For Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet. Students can also refer to additional reference books for English that can be used to practice more questions and topics. Overall helps you to be prepared as to how exactly the question paper will be framed and how you are expected to write your responses.
- Regular Practise:
Reading novels, newspapers, and other content-rich magazines can help students develop reading habits. This habit helps students improve their reading and writing skills while increasing their vocabulary. In addition, students will understand and learn to use verb tenses correctly. It is one of the easiest CBSE level 10 English prep skills.
- Solve Previous Year Papers And Sample Papers:
Try solving CBSE class 10th sample papers to know more about the type of questions, exam pattern, and syllabus. It will also help to crack the difficulty level of any question. Solving previous question papers will also help students to get an overview of the real questions.
- Allocation Of Time Limit Of Different Sections:
- Passage Question 1- 20 minutes
- Passage Question 2- 20 minutes
- Two questions from the writing section- 20 minutes each (20X2= 40)
- Three questions from the grammar section- 10 to 15 minutes
- One extract from the textbook- 10 minutes
- Five short answer type questions- 30 minutes
- One long answer type question from the textbook (8 marks)- 10 minutes
- One long question from the novel (10 marks)- 10 to 15 minute
Here are some general tips for you to pass your upcoming Class 10 English Exams With Flying Colors:
- Attempt the question paper in serial order to avoid confusion of numbering.
- Follow the prescribed word limit when specified.
- Use a black pen or another shade of blue to write formats and keywords.
- Underline important points.
- Remember to write the answer in the corresponding tense form of the question.
- Practice writing taking into account assessment tools, content, fluency, and accuracy.
- Neatness and presentation of the paper are important.
- Solve as many as previous years’ question papers and sample papers.
Lastly, stay focused and healthy. Your health should not be neglected. A healthy mind will be able to concentrate more effectively and efficiently during the exams.