NDA is a prominent exam among aspirants who wish to join Indian Defense Force. No matter how difficula an examination is, good preparation has always been the key to success. NDA Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC holds the recruitment of National Defense Academy exam twice a year to recruit candidates in the Indian Army/ Navy/ Air Force and Naval Academy. Candidates can go through the details of NDA Exam on the linked page.
Getting through the NDA exam is not a cakewalk. It requires a good strategy and a lot of effort. Remember, a strategic preparation of any competitive exam is half a job done, therefore, for candidates who are willing to appear for the NDA exam, this article brings up some surefire tips of preparation which will enable them to glide through NDA preparation smoothly and ace the examination.
Preparation Tips for NDA Exam
- Know the Exam Pattern: Before starting with the preparation it is always good to go through the exam pattern. This helps to understand the examination structure, like the number of stages in the exam, maximum marks for each stage and each section, the time duration of the exam, etc. Knowing the exam pattern will also help to understand the marking scheme (if any) in the exam.
- Understand the Syllabus: Knowledge of detailed syllabus is important. It helps to identify the topics in each section that need to be covered. Thorough understanding of the syllabus helps to strategize an effective study plan. It also helps to pick the best study materials from different sources.
- Devise and Prioritize the Study Plan: With full knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern, the very first thing that candidates should do is to prepare a study schedule, accordingly. Make a list of topics, allot time for learning or revision based on familiarity with the topic. It is important to prioritise your study schedule. Difficult topics need to be given more attention without losing focus from the topics that are already covered and well learnt.
- Use the best Books and Study material – Refer to the best books for preparation of NDA exam. The study material shall provide detailed solutions and cover all the topics which are a part of the examination. To prepare for the current affairs section, candidates are suggested to read the newspaper daily and stay updated with the latest news across the world.
- Do comprehensive study: After knowing the exam pattern and syllabus, it is advised that candidates should always try to cover the entire syllabus of the exam. Their fundamental knowledge in the topics should be crystal clear. Focusing on difficult topics, theories and concepts are important, along with learning the subject of interest.
- Take down Notes: Make it a habit to jot down important points or information in the form of notes while going through the topics. These self-made notes help to get a quick recap of all that was ingrained in mind while learning. Notes saves time and helps do last time revisions.
- Practice & revision: To score more, a lot of practice and revision should be an important part of preparation. The best way to practice is to solve sample papers as much as possible. Make use of the mock tests and previous year question papers that are available online for free. The more time allocated to revision and practice, the more confidence will boost over a subject that ultimately helps to get over the last-minute jitters.
- Gain Accuracy: Learn from your mistakes every time you attempt mock tests or online quizzes. Note down the topics where errors were committed. Try to get the detailed correct explanation or method of solving the particular question and ensure not to commit the same mistakes in the next attempt.
- Time Management – Not just NDA but any competitive exams these days are all about time management. More number of questions answered correctly in the stipulated time, more is the probability of being shortlisted. This can be achieved only by practising more often so that gradually you devise and learn exam taking strategy and spend less time in solving each question.
- Be Stressfree – The key to efficient preparation for any exam requires you to have a peaceful mind. Only then can the preparation be done systematically and efficiently. Panicking while preparing or during the exam will only result in loss of time and energy thus affecting the final result. So make sure that you do not panic.
It is also important to understand that hard work is the key to success and putting in all the efforts will surely give good results. Candidates have sufficient time to prepare for the NDA exam. Know the detailed NDA Syllabus and exam pattern, have a right preparation plan and strategy and ace the exam with flying colours.